Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hello end of April.. (what?).

Not sure where this month went but I am glad we are getting closer to warmer weather. Yes, I am ignoring the 5 feet of snow that fell over night. Glad its about over though, as April tends to be the most trying of all months in our years.. and this one wasn't much different.

After much excitement, planning, packing and all the other fun and not so fun things that go along with moving, we ended up just staying where we are. Learned my lesson about moving into large company run apartment complexes... Still, even though things are a little cramped here in our 2 bedroom 1 bathroom abode, we are happy to be staying and waiting to find a place that will be better for us. I still have my wonderful view of the moutian, the gracious sun that floods my living room every morning, and a balcony and courtyard that I can feel safe with my children running and playing on while I'm inside cleaning.. or blogging.. or editing while enjoying copious amounts of coffee.

April also brought with it some physical challenges for me. For two months now I have been dealing with chronic muscle pain, and this month I decided to try and figure out what was causing it, but so far no luck. Blood work shows nothing, chiropractor can't pinpoint any problems, so it has been temporarliy diagnosed as "fibromyalgia" or a "virus". I will be getting massage and am trying to cut down on yeasts in my diet to see if that will help. I'm sure stress is a factor as well (really?.. no...), but I'm not quite sure anything can be done about my parent-noia... Anyways, giving it time and being hopeful that whatever it is it will eventually leave me alone. So far I can function with a little herbal muscle relaxers or massive bad doses of Ibuprofen. All I know it nothing can knock this girl down. I got plans....

Still trying to find time to work on all my 'projects'. I wish I could be paid in advance all the millions I will make off my book or something so I could hire a nanny to watch the kids so I could actually get things done. In time I guess.

Kids.

Busy busy hungry kids.

I never knew how much food little boys had to consume. I may need those millions for groceries instead...


Elliott is still spending a large amount of time drawing. He has shifted from trains to super heroes, his favorite being Teen Titans and Superman. Oh and Link ofcourse (like that will ever not be his favorite). He's truley gifted. He builds amazing structures with the blocks his grandma Melanie just got him. I plan to post a whole blog of his accomplishments soon. I am looking into any art or creative programs for him to join this summer. He still runs faster than any kid I know, so maybe sports need to happen as well. His big brother status has a thumbs up in the Isaac department, but 2 thumbs down in the Sam department. They are not good friends, and it makes for a lot of grumpy days in this house. Hopefully by this time next year we will be somewhere that he can have his own room and that should improve things, yes?






Sambambilam.... he is a machine. Strong and defiant and really really cute. He is learning that screaming really really loud or automatic exagerrated crying will get our attention when he doesnt get his way or Elliott is bothering him. Which is often. At least he makes up for it with all his comedic antics. He is a performer, and he is well aware of it. He is leaping in bounds with his vocabulary and speech. I have to say it makes me proud to have so many people compliment how smart he is. With all the falls, bumps and bangs he receives, I was getting a little worried.






Bee-Ack! Ok, I'm not really sure how to go about spelling it, but thats how Sam first pronounced baby Isaac, and somehow it stuck and thats all we really call him now. He is amazing, kissable and such a great baby. At his 4 month old check up recently we found that he will most likely be tall like Elliott (where did they get that from) and that he is performing at 6 month old levels in his skills. I dont think it will be much longer before he starts scooting around, but so far rolling everywhere seems to work well for him. He is starting to get much more vocal, fun how it comes at the same time he gets a lot more drooly.... His brothers make him giggle, and man is he ticklish.







We are all looking forward to better weather for park days and night time walks. This has been a long cold winter/ spring, and as beautiful as it is, we are ready for more colors popping out of the trees and ground and that delicious warm sun our skin. No real vacation plans for the summer, though we hope to spend a lot of time in the moutians and deserts exploring and teaching the kids that there is life outside of the television...



ciao.



No comments: