Tuesday, February 1, 2011

why not - 30 days of blogging

A friend is doing this challenge, and I was intrigued. Depsite that my time is extremely limited, I figured i would hopefully, if anything, keep my creative mind going, and at the same time, inform people of what is happening behind the walls of my little prison. (I mean that in the nicest way).

So, Day 1 is posting a recent pic of myself and writing 15 random facts about 'me'. Seeing as I am never really myself, I decided to take a pic of me and my little sidekick (we are rarely apart). As far as these facts.. there are so many, and why I chose these 15 is just the way it is today. Maybe in a few days I will change them... I am, after all, constantly changing myself.....



1. I’m hot. According to my husband.

2. I make life waaaaaaaay more complicated than it has to be. It’s the perfectionist in me… And the stubbornness.

3. Contrary to popular belief… I eat. I LOVE food. I have grown to enjoy cooking immensely, and I have even been daring enough to include tomatoes and mushrooms into my diet. Next.. maybe fish?

4. Before I had kids, I never wanted any. Now I have 3 boys and I am having the time of my life. Really.. as crazy as it is, my life before kids seems almost pointless. hey have awoken so much in me.. and I am so thankful for that.

5. I never forget. Sometimes that’s a bad thing.

6. I am extremely passionate (obsessive?). I have a great love of nature, architecture, and interior design. Get me in Home Depot or an antique shop .. good luck getting me out. I would spend every day up in the mountains or deep in a desert if it were easier to do with my busy body boys. It’s where I feel the most at home…. In the wild. (too bad I hate extreme weather and require a hairdryer..).

7. I love to dance. If I would have gotten my way, I would be a professional somehow. I don’t know what kind.. maybe ballroom. I just really wanna learn how to dance like they do in Dirty Dancing.

8. I deny myself almost everything I want. It's a matter of becoming extremely frugal. I can plan a day of shopping, even save up for it, and talk myself out of everything I look at, no matter how bad I want it. If I do end up buying something I feel guilty. If I don’t, I go home and get really bummed out that I didn’t get it.

9. I gave birth to 2 of my children completely drug free. And it hurt.

10. I am far behind in the world of technology. I still listen to tapes and I don’t own an I-pod. … and I don’t care.

11. I am slightly obsessed with vampires. Romantic ones at that. I have been writing a book for over 10 years, one that has changed and evolved as my life has, involving vampires and other really cool stuff that I know you can’t wait to read!

12. I have a ridiculous love for period films. My favorites include Dangerous Liaisons and Scarlet Pimpernel.

13. I would love to have a job where I spent hours in the deepest parts of the ocean.

14. I have a pretty amazing husband. Rediculously handsome. A most loving and wonderful father. 8 years married and it keeps getting better.

15. I have no idea what my natural hair color is anymore. Its been 15 years since I have seen it. But that is about to change. If I can make up my mind, that is.
So there you go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I find it interesting that I have so much in common with you! don't see my natural hair color unless i'm too broke to buy dye... I'm intensely obsessed with vampires. I find them incredibly sexy and I find myself reading about them nearly constantly even if it's a teen book... I NEVER allow myself to spoil myself. I hate paying full price for just about anything if its for me and i prefer thrift shopping because of that... I'd dance for the rest of my life if i could! I'm so far out of shape that it's not really feasible but i'm working on that! dancing is like the worlds best drug for me (ok 2nd best... sex is #1 hahaha) I'm a horrible perfectionist which is making school significantly more dramatic and complicated than it needs to be, but hey i'm getting good grades! haha and before I had Coen, I never wanted any either... now i'm planning on having a 2nd! who would've thought that would ever happen!!